Found Friends!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape Poet, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

So I went to bid on a property for a potential client today for routine weekly service today and had a interesting find. I found a friend while there. When called to come bid I usually ask if there are any dogs or others pets that I need to be concerned about. The home owner had stated that they no longer had pets. I now see what happened to the pets.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gator1.jpg

Gator2.jpg

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i would of had a bowel movement if i saw that thing!

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

omg F that I ain't never seen no such thing except on TV and maybe in a zoo!

Man that puts a whole new light on things, I think I'll gladly step in piles of dog
    poop from now on, yup, just goes to show I never did know how good I had it.

I'm saying...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I see you and your friend are not that close. LOL.

My brother in law lives and grew up in fort pierce FL and I have seen him pick up small gators and large snakes. Yes he is nuts.

I think I would be doing a barney fife impression for sure as soon as I saw that gator!:laugh:

I guess you would have to just trim around him ehh.

Is that a large community he is shacking up in? Like a retirement place or something?

5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Holly Cow! ......I mean gator......

Did you try saying here Kitty Kitty Kitty?

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Juan you go trim the bank down at the water's edge, I'll get up here around the house.:laugh::laugh::waving:

7. mow along and blow grass on him.

8. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

No it is not, just a gated community that has a small lake around it. We live by Lake Jessup which has one of the largest concentrations of gators in FL, it is not uncommon to see several of them in the morning sunbathing themselves on the surface of the water. However I have not encountered them in a lawn yet, the closest I have come was watching a pro bait a gator out of the same community earlier this spring.
    I am pretty sure that the owner would understand if I had to skip trimming that area for a week. :laugh:

9. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I don't see the problem, the homeowner has supplied you with "gator blades"! :laugh:

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I heard that mulching up a gator is good for the soil...