found kubota zd28

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tarp5350, Aug 28, 2006.

1. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

i found a kubota zd28 with a pro deck 60 in with 49 hours. the man wants 8500.00 dollars for it. is this a good price for it, or should save i my money and buy a scag turf tiger with the 29 efi kawasaki motor? the best i could get a tiger for was 10200.00 last spring. which would be the best buy?

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I would be there with the cash A.S.A.P. - That is a $11,000.00 machine and worth every dime. Also, diesel (torque) over gas (thirsty) anyday. :usflag:

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Why is he selling it for that price? If the hr. meter is/was working and its true hrs. then it is a fantastic price. Almost to fantastic, I'd want a mechanic to go over ever inch of the machine [at my cost] before giving any cash over.

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Wonder What Problems He Is Having Out Of It ?

5. olderthandirt

from here

Is this the mower on Ebay????

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

uh oh...I smell a thief. :laugh:

7. olderthandirt

from here

No thanks-once bitten , twice shy :laugh:

I seen a mower on ebay with the same hrs and model and the bids up to $7600 with 5 days left.

8. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

yes that is the mower. i have backed off the mower after i talked to a kubota dealer. he said that you have to do a 50 hour service and it costs 350.00 dollars to change all of the fluids and the other maintence on it. he said kubota wouldn,t honor the warrenty unless this service was documented. i think i will wait till spring since we still have a drought going on and there is very few mowing left if any. the transmission problems that you people have talked about on this site has been a concern to me about kubotas mowers, and i appreciate all the information.

9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

That Kubota dealer is telling you a lie. The service doesnt have to be done by a dealer. I have done all the maintenance on our Kubota mowers and tractors. No where does it say the dealer must do the work. Same as any other motorized vehicle.

10. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed - However, my dealer performed my 50 hr. service @ no charge to me !!! :weightlifter: :usflag: