found my NEW dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike lane lawn care, Jun 16, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i went up to a dealer that sells the only scags and other around, about 30 mins away. they sell EVERYTHING that is worth it to sel (simplcicty, scag, arians, garevly, shidaiwa, echo, sthil, little wonder, snapper, lawn boy.....) i went in at about 20 mins to closing and asked a few questions about leaf cleanup stuff for the broadmoor. he sat down with me for over an hour and went over everything that i could use, he discussed my lawns and what they are like in relevance to what equipment to buy. he showed me the expensive, the cheap and the middle, and unlike my local dealer was not trying to push the expensive stuff. but more of the inexpensive to middle prices. he showed me trac vac attachments for my tractor and leaf collection systems. and backpack blowers and walk behind systems. he gave me atleast 25 different configurations that would eqaul out to about the same price.(twin bagger w/backpack blower, walkbehind blower, handled blower and leaf mulching kit...etc..) this is way more information than my local delaer gave me. This guy even showed me diagrams on how each attacment for the tractor was put on and removed.

anyone else have a dealer like this?

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

yep... the only way to go :)

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Better to have a dealer that wants to help you, then line his pockets by selling only top of the line equipment to lcos who spend 100k a year in ALL brand new equipment!
    When did you go to him? Yestersay or today?

4. mike lane lawn care

i went today

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Most of my dealers were tripping all over them selves to make the sale. It's always when you need service that will seperate a good one from a bad ones. Not that yours is bad it's just that there are alot more good at sales than service.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I can tell most of them more about what they sell than they know themselves.

7. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

That is certainly the truth in what Envy is saying. My dad was a salesman for over 50 years and I can remember him saying ------- A salesman needs to know his product.

Nosmo

8. mike lane lawn care

i have been told that they are the best service dealer around, so IF i need a warranty repair i'll take it there and find out for myself

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Damn, That dealer is really dedicated. Stayed that late on a Friday! Some dealers around me are locked up tight by 445 on Friday, but then again, a few stay open till 530-600.

I'd say you found a winner!!