Found my next ex-customer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Oct 16, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

when the average commercial account (i do a few regulars and have trimmed more than a few) is 60-90 days you might as well get the interest for being their bank. do a nice bit for a commercial maintenance co, job was june, check was written oct 1. sop with this guy as the accounts he has strings him for the same amount of time,

2. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

while on the topic, do your invoices have due dates???

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

They're due right now this very instant!!

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

most of the locates i have are for individuals so they are cod, 10 days for known to me contractors others cod.

i double or more for schools and commercial.

5. Surf-Neck

Surf-Neck LawnSite Member
    from FL

Sounds like business is the same wherever you live.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Good point, except it seems to me that some markets are doing better than others during "this time." I know my guy in the PNW is scrambling to keep not only his crew on, but himself! :cry:

7. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

As well with us, this is a much different situation then last year

8. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

1. If I don't know you personally, we sign a piece of paper authorizing the work and explaining terms ( labor & parts), entitlement to estimate or waiver for agreeing to time and labor.

2. Payable on receipt if I don't know you personally... receipt as in before I leave.

3. You don't want all the work, just the work they'll actually pay for.

Started a monthly maintenance job couple months ago. Big estate, 12 zones (manifold :laugh: not indexing) Guy comes out to nitpick and tie up my time every time we show up. Paid once, then late, knocked on his door asked for my money (didn't pay) & fired him on the 3rd trip.

Had my wife look him up in the puter.

Guy hasn't paid the mortgage since march, has a list of liens and judgments as long as a roll of Charmin butt wipes...

And speaking of butt wipes FIMCO... The doc WAS an interior designer and wants to be the mother of my children :cry:

9. Hey don't drag me into a sick joke between you and Boots.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

He can't get that photo of you on a bicycle out of his mind :rolleyes: