found my stolen stuff, cops wont do anything

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by SILVERSTREAK INC, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

i keep my stuff at a yard, not totally fenced in or anything

i send someone i know over to check out a truck i had for sale, say his name is mike and mike brings over his boss, say frank, who is a "mechanic" for a 2nd opinion on the truck

mike calls me, asks me a million questions about blowers, weedwacker, my loaders & bulldozer asking if theyre for sale and that his boss, frank is interested, to which i say if the offer is right ill think about it, he goes and gives me a crazy reply saying my 580E backhoe is worth 2500 to him, being polite i say no, just the truck if for sale right now.

the following monday i notice my srm 260 weedwackers (4 of them), pb650 backpack blowers (3 of them) & little wonder 8hp push blower (999 frickin dollars for the little wonder) along with tool sets, a stereo unit is missing out of a truck, nite saber lights broken off one truck and stolen off another and an e60 with a broken sump base causesomeone tried to pry off the truck (iit had a lock on it whicbh they tried to cut)

on a whim i use the power of the internet to figure out where this fellow, frank, lives, drive to his house, no ones home, theres my weedwackers and blowers outside his garage , i first call mike, asking if he knows anything about my blowers or weedwackers and where they might be to which he says no...no i have no idea what youre talking about (mike works in this garage every day and is blatently lying to me on the phone) so i hang up...and listening to the advice of my friend who is a parole officer (i wanted to take my stuff back right then and there, and seems like i should have) i call the cops, who say they will follow me to the guys place and get my stuff back

well the guy comes home (meanwhile me and 3 police officers are there) and frank says some fellow on the property says it was ok to take things, and based on what this unknown person said the police say they cannot put frank in jail or demand him to give my stuff back since someone gave permission

they tell me i need to go about it civilly and sue him in small claims, and that if i call the man i can be charged with harrassment and if i show up on his propety trying to take it back i will be put in jail for tresspassing

i want my stuff back, should i call the state police since apparently my police department couldnt be bothered so it seems with this??

rediculus,....im so angry...on another note while on vacation in virginia a few years ago i was quadding through some woods and was accosted by the property owner and arrested for tresspassing and , i was in jail 6 days before anyone knew where i was...and here in PA people can steal, sell drugs, etc and the cops could care less so it seems, yet me working my balls off to make an honest living gets shafted

thanks so much for reading, i needed to vent..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he might have an "accident"

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would type what i would do to that guy if that was me but..... if i ever do have it happen to me some day i dont want my words to incriminate me. i would have taken my stuff back right there!!!! period i would have kicked the effeing door in and look for more, torn the garage apart i dont care.

dont tell me im full of shat because ive done it before. i also stole my stolen truck back from some punk a$$ kid and dragged the plow down the side of his new f-350. i would go to jail before some theif steals my stuff.

a crackhead will do some sick crazy stuff for a hundred bucks, might want to look into that.

4. Greenleaf Lawns

Greenleaf Lawns LawnSite Member

That is truly %#@&ED UP.

I think maybe you need to talk to another cop or the other department as that is beyond wrong.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Just Chitty...I cant believe that. You shoulda just taken YOUR crap back then. Take a couple friends for backup if need be.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Isn't America becoming just a wonderful place?

7. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I wouldn't deal with the local police, Call the state police and have the settle it. Not trying to be disrespectful to anyone on here that may be a local cop but I have seen where the locals try not to step on toes and be too kind. But when I need something done I call the state police and somehow the issue is resolved within a day.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yeh state police are badasses. I know a few thankfully.

9. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

I agree call your state police post and get a attorney (just in case) and try to dig up anything thing that will prove ownership for you!......Oh and if "he" still claims ''someone'' gave me permission ask for name, number, paperwork etc.

UGH, a*s hole like these really piz me off, all we do is break our azz to get our stuff stolen and no help for our local Police Dept. Nice to see our tax dollars at work!

10. ovalracer44

ovalracer44 LawnSite Senior Member

Dont you love how the law protects the criminals in this country?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.