Found out reason for blow out

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Sweet Tater, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Well I finally found out why I have so much blow out from my Lazer Z. Its missing the front baffle under the deck.
    I bought it that way so I never knew it was suppose to be there.
    Now my question is this. Its the factory installed baffle at the front of the deck. Where can I get one. My local dealer says he can't. Its an LHP4818KC. looking at the specs diagram there is no number for it. No its not the mulching baffle. The diag says MK483 44"-48" side discharge deck assembly. Exmark man, can I get this from the factory. Its an old unit but still runs great, so I don't want to replace it, I don't have that much $$ to spend right now.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sweet Tater,

Because of your need for an immediate response, please call us directly at the factory. The number is 1-800-667-5296. Our customer service reps will be able to get you an answer.

By the way, we have great financing options available for customers that may not have a wad of cash on hand rignt now. No payments, deferred interest for 6 months, followed by 1.9% APR. Might be an easier path if we can't get you the piece your looking for!!!

KC

3. Sweet Tater

Thank you for your responce. I have been in contact with them through email, so far the are great, but I had to locate a diagram with the piece I need, they didn't understand wich one. btw heres the same pic, maybe you have more input too. I gave up on the quickness and just trying to get fixd for as little as I can and still do it right. its the piece in red.

Deck assembly.jpg

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

that's the anti-blowout baffle that was engineered for the tri-vantage deck. Not sure if that was for all decks or which one you have. I had one of those on my old lazer, did a pretty good job when used with the ultra vac.

5. Sweet Tater

Finally got it all together, part # and went to the dealer and got it ordered. Its a 3 piece item, 2 were $20 and 1 was 13. Exmark didn't have it in stock, hope it don't take too long, but I guess I have till spring now. I am real please with the price and hopefill as please with promptness. Thanks guys. Ya'll was on the spot with the info.