1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Found this ad on Craigslist for my hometown

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 13, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have been posting my ad for mowing accts on Craigslist as well, but I sure as heck am not doing the work for 10-20 bucks! If he has a gas hog truck, he'll lose money on the deal...
  2. SpikeGT

SpikeGT LawnSite Member
    from NW OH

darn it, now I'm gonna have to advertise for $8 a week!
  3. captn

captn LawnSite Member

He could opt to do it for free and write it off as charity on his 2008 taxes.....would net him more.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You can write off the expenses but not the labor.

That guy has no intention of cutting anything for 10 to 20 bucks. It's a bait and switch. Yup, it illegal but it's done all of the time.
  5. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I could sub my work out to him....charge my customers $35...pay him $10 and keep $25 for sitting on my ass.
  6. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

That's perfect, I was looking for someone to mow my lawn for 10 - 20 bucks. Is it ok that its 3 1/2 acres?

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive allways said craigs list needs to charge at least 50 cents to advertise on there. Just to keep the crap off.

If he had to pay 50cents that cuts into 3/4 his proffit :dizzy:
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Good one Jimmy.....you want the Craigslist e-mail for him:)
  9. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

definetly not defending the crap on craigs list because most are not legit. Lets just make sure this is not a junior high kid with his push mower trying to make a quick buck in his own neighborhood. This takes business away from us, but everyone starts somewhere. Otherwise I agree these guys disgrace our profession.
  10. mock

mock LawnSite Member

wonder if he would do a large cemetery. trim all head stone as well as blow them all off with his hand held vibrator.