1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Foundation insecticide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by garyslawn, Dec 29, 2006.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

What chemical would you recommend for home foundations???
  2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i rotate the use of ortho max (granular) from wal-mart, and talstar (liquid), and have great results. another good one i use is cyper pro (liquid) from lesco.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Be careful, because here, we have to have a structural certification and license to do perimeter sprays legally that include the foundation. However, much of what you are after can be done just by doing the ground perimeter around the structure.This IS an excellent moneymaker, though...4 ft. out and 4 ft. up.
  4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking of doing this for the upcoming year also, But we too need a seperate pesticide category. I just don't have the time to take the classes when they are offered. Maybe next year.

I know some local guys that use liquid talstar on the house and granular around it.
  5. What insects are you going for?
  6. garyslawn

from NE Ohio

I have license. Mow and Fertilize lawns. Customers ask me to kill spiders (were bad here last year) Thought I could get extra income. How much $ should I charge foe a 2500 sq ft ranch home? thanks...
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So in Ohio, you are able to do this (spray structures) with just a lawn applicaion license?
  8. garyslawn

from NE Ohio

Yes. exterior. working on interior. might have passed by now. I just want foundation. Have used dursban on foundation. Worked well (Shame goverment gets involved.)
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

#1 Perimeter spraying alone will not control Spiders

#2 It was time to do away with Dursban, It was losing it's effectiveness

#3 I would bet $ 100.00 to a dime that Ohio requires a Structural License to do Perimeter treatment.
  10. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

That is correct! If you spray any insecticide onto the outside of a home you need a cat 10 license which we have.

Also we use Crosscheck and have great results.