(((((((Foundation Sprays?????)))))))

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gatewayuser, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know what kind of lic and equipment you need to do foundation sprays for insects in Ohio. I already have a pesticide lic for turf, ornamentals, trees and shrubs, and green house. How much do you average per house and time wise. I have a ton of customers that would like this done and it will help get chem-lawn even further away from my jobs. Thanks!!:waving:

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I beleive if you have category 6A and obviously the insurance coverage for doing foundation sprays then you should be alright, Best to call cooperative extension to confirm this. I know structural spraying requires another category for licensing, but as long as you remain outside the home then you should be fine.

3. Gatewayuser

Thats what I was thinking and I have 6A and a 1 mill insurance policy. I will call the local extension office sometime. Thanks!

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gatewayuser

Foundation sprays or Perimeter sprays can in fact trap insects inside a structure. As a result the customer sees more insects. I suggest you check into a Structural Pesticide License and do it right or don't do it at all.

5. Gatewayuser

Ric
    Good point! Thanks I will look into it, can't beat getting to go into a air conditioned house in the summer.

6. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

you will need the 10 a cat. to do foundation sprays

7. Gatewayuser

kickin sum grass
    Do you have 10a and offer those services, if so how hard was the test I saw the study book is 250 pages long:eek:. Thanks and what part of cinci do you work in?

8. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

hey Gateway,
    The 10a is the hardest of them all. It is for not only for applying to structures to the outside but also inside including houses, schools, food businesses, etc. I passed it without no problem but I have been around this part of the business all my adult life.
    You will need it for outside foundation sprays. I know this because I just went thru an inspection from oda and had a whole conversation about this.
    I only offer the outside spray but could do inside if needed.

I am an eastsider and work in Loveland and Maineville mostly but do get to kenwood, lebanon, milford a few times a month.

see ya