1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fountain motor burned up need help identifying

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by jlouki01, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone tell me anything about this fountain?

The motor has long worn off any markings can't find anything on it anywhere.

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

That's an 'Oldie, but Goodie'!!

You may have to do some 'reverse engineering' to determine what size pump you need. How many total Jet Nozzles are on the 2 rings? Are they 1/4" or 3/4" nozzles? What was the spray height and throw when the fountain was operational? What is the size of the center geyser? And what do the supply lines marked on the photo lead to?
    Post that info and the pump size can be approximated.

old fountain.jpg
  3. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

Judging by the age of the fountain(15 -20years old) you may better of just getting a new fountain with a warrenty. That moter is probably a 208-220 volt moter probably around 3000 -4000 gph now thats just a guess and is discontinued and even if you find one its gona run you between 1000 - 1500 dollars. If you rebuild it theres no gurantee it will not blow again and will cost you between 500 - 1000 dollars. I deal with with alot retention ponds w fountains of that size I hate them lol.. Im in ohio as well if you dont have a supplier or no where to look shoot me a pm and ill give you some suppliers in our state and steer you in the right direction.

4. XStream Aquatics

XStream Aquatics LawnSite Member

I just threw one of those away in the fall. Really dated!!! Tad if i remember those supply lines actually went to the lights to keep them cool at least the one i trashed was. I sold the customer on a new one once i showed her how all the nozzles were rusted and the fiberglass float was taking on water. One of my guys took it to the scrap yard and made a few bucks.
  5. XStream Aquatics

XStream Aquatics LawnSite Member

actually the one we trashed had two motors.
  6. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry it's been a while since I've been on. Not sure where the supplies go I think we still have it sitting back there. I'll check it out.