Fradan Backpack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Sep 26, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i just ordered this blower. Couldn't afford the redmax so I liked my fradan push and I saw this backpack so it seemed good so I ordered it. My dealer doesn't carry fradan but he said that it looks like a good machine. My fradan push is old and has held up good. For the price I'm getting for that power it can't be that bad. http://www.precoparts.com/.

Fradan Super Back Pack Blower 64cc's

Product #: BB-70
    64 cc of power!
    Walboro Carb

680 CFM

240 MPH

Only 23 pounds

Nylon shoulder straps

57 oz extended run fuel tank.

Full 2 Year Warranty

IN STOCK NOW! ORDER TODAY!

Retail Price: $549.95
    Our Price: $379.95

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a fradan BB blower, believe its around a 45cc, works good. I also got it from preco

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I sincerely hope its a different model then the 2 I got to use for a year once at a former employer the price makes me think it is but I would rather test it to be sure I wish I remembered the number. My boss had bought 2 of them instead of 1 stihl and he felt it had gotten a deal they were bar none the worse blowers I have ever used in 17 years in this trade and that includes blowers that were 8 years past there prime. ItÂ’s been 5 years since I used them so perhaps they improved but what I remember was they started great that was the only good thing about them. They weighed a ton had a metal frame huge gas tank and no balls what so ever. The rating said they were very powerful but it was not the case they could not work anything from shrubs and the 2 side by side did not equal that of one of our stihls. He ended up ripping some poor bastard off by selling them a year later for 100 dollars each. Now the fradan 14 push I used that thing was awesome with out a doubt one of the best blowers I have ever used it once fell off the trailer and bounced across the road and still started first or second pull. It was still running strong last I knew and it was then 5 years old.

4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

well I'll take the chance and try it out. The specs look good and the fradan manufacter is 30 miles away from me so if I have problems I can go there.