fradan blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marley, Jun 25, 2002.

1. marley

marley LawnSite Member

does anyone use fradan back pack blowers. i found a site selling them for 269.00. they claim to blow at 230mph or something like that. are they any good. thanks in advance.
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Spend your money on worthwhile equipment.

We bought some FraDan (named for Frank and Dan, they guys that assemble them) We paid pennies on the dollar, like $80 for a 31cc commercial straight shaft trimmer.

They're JUNK.

Starting was a problem, recoils ALL failed within 1 month. No factory support.

They're JUNK.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Don't Do It Marley
    I'll Sell you A New Condition One For a Hundred Dollar's. For Not Much More You Can Get a Echo601 Or A Sthil Magnum. I Used It For about 2 Hour's.
    Johnny G. :cool: :cool:
  4. BladeRunner Rep

BladeRunner Rep Banned

There are several users of fradan blowers around this area, they seem like a decent blower for $220. Naturally you get what you pay for. But for the money you get a lot of unit for the dollar.
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Here's one thread on them that I found using the search. There's several others.

As a side note, if you're looking for a decent backpack blower but can't or don't want to spend alot of money, look at the Poulan Pros.

They go like $299 at Lowes, but I got 2 brand new on e-Bay for $200 each (plus $20 for S&H). My second one just arrived the othe day.

I'm very satisifed with my first one so far. Does everything I need it to do. Worked well on leaves last fall too.
  6. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Robin blowers. They last so long you have to include them in your will.
  7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a Fradan BB-51 ?, and 2 Fradan st-26 trimmers, I used the blower alot with another brand, Cub Comm a larger cc unit and the fradan did pretty good they are alittle heavier then most. The trimmers, I use every work day, actually I use 1 and my worker uses a Cub comm st-26, the other is for back-up I have had no problems with the fradan product I have. I got a good deal on the blower, and early this spring they had a sale on the trimmer, buy one get one free, can't beat that.
  8. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I just bought a fradan bb-51 blower last week, it is identical to my redmax eb431 blower! runs real well! I paid $219.99 + tax.