Fradan Power Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Was just browsing at there web-site and was wondering if anyone has tried out there blowers. I noticed they have a product BB-51 Backpack 41cc with over 600cfms at the pipe 240mph air speed,with large gas tank which runs 3hrs on a tank. At a price of 275.00 they were sold out but are getting a new shipment in this week. Just courious. Marks Mowing Service

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

240 MPH? Seems a little high, might be a typo!

600 cf/m isn't all that powerful either.

3. Mark

Dixie 600cfms at the end of your tube is very powerful, only Echos new 650 has that much power. I now use a PB601 58,5cc which has 535 at the end tube and it is very powerful, i was just amazed at such a powerful machine at such a cheap price. Marks Mowing Service

4. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

I believe there is one of these on Ebay!

5. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

I have had one of these blowers before. It was the strongest blowers I have ever used...But that sucker was very heavy. VEEERRRYYY HHHEEEAAAVVVYYY. I would still have it today if some clown didn't jack it off my trailer last year.

BOOOO for the bad guys.

6. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know anything about their backpack blowers but I have a parking lot blower made by Fradan, we call it The Zombie because its so heavy but it will blow the asphalt up on a warm day. If you guys get one of these be sure to get the Honda engine, we had alot of problems with the Briggs. Now this was a few years ago so the problems might be fixed with the Briggs but I wouldn't count on it.

7. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mark,
    Last year our local dealer was having a big sale and was advertising the BB-51, 2 units for $499. We picked up 2 of them as extra blowers for fall cleanups. As greenfinger stated, they are extremely heavy but very well built. The straps on them are hard and dig into your shoulders too. Overall, its still a good deal for $250 a piece.

Mike

8. Mark

They weight 23lbs dry weight. My EchoBP-601 weight is 21lb dont seem real heavy to me,im 6'1 and 220lbs not to heavy for me.

9. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

your all right I have the fradan back pack at the time i baught it it was the most powerfull I could get. It is heavy but its a real Monica. No breakdowns yet.
    Brad