Frakken Thieves

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by YellowDogSVC, Nov 17, 2009.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Well, I was on a road repair, 5 miles out of town on a rural highway. I was off the road, behind a closed gate but some yahoos decided to try and steal my air compressor off the back of my flatbed.

I hadn't been back to my truck since noon and it was about 4:45 when I noticed the compressor partially turned over. At first, I thought I might have done it loading up my brushcat on the back of the truck but then I noticed it was backwards. Yes, the geniuses tried to lift it off the truck when they must have realized it was cable-locked. Yep, they tried to cut through the cable. Cable is ruined but it held. The central core of the cable didn't get and they left. My toolboxes had been opened but for some reason they didn't take my Ingersoll-Rand impact wrench, my socket set or other tools. I'm glad they didn't break into my truck windows. That would have sucked and I would have lost my briefcase. Bast*rds. HAD to be another contractor. Probably one with a good tan who does framing as my compressor is a framer's compressor. Got to hand it to the cable lock. Saved a nearly $800 compressor.

I feel violated but more than that, I have to worry all night that my machine is okay. I had to leave the Bobcat but I moved it about 1/4 mile up the tower road and parked it near a fence which is somewhat close to a house. I have a keyless entry so that will help. If there is one thing I HATE more than anything, it's a THIEF!

Anyone else get violated lately?

2. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

Im glad they didnt make off with anything. I had my Mt-52 that I just had bought 4 months prior, and put a brand new motor in, stolen. Yea insurance covers it, but your right you still feel violated.

3. Lawn Spa

Lawn Spa LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. Lawn Spa

Lawn Spa LawnSite Member

sounds like you were lucky for the most part...what cable were you using? I want one:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Glad they didn't get away with anything, Yellowdog.

A couple weeks ago someone either real late at night or early morning wandered through the shop and garage. They left trash all over, left lights on and doors wide open. We couldn't find anything missing but it was real weird so now we are locking stuff again.

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah the same thing happened to my boss. His truck was robbed in daylight within his sight of the machine. He spun the machine around a noticed this toolboxes were all open. So he walked over and sure enough the transit, electric grease gun, and some other stuff had walked off. I mean really how do people sleep at night.

Glad yours was tied to the truck.

7. badbart

badbart LawnSite Member

Nothing is safe anymore!:mad:

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Some people will literally try to steal the sh*t from your own a**hole if they knew it could make them money.

9. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

We recently had someone inside our fence but haven't noticed anything gone. I don't expect things will get any better.

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I will have to check. I got it at Home Depot. It may be a kryptonite.