Fram / Purelator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, May 12, 2003.

1. Anyone know what the number for 22-25hp Kohler oil filters are off hand for either of these brands?
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

L10241 for the regular Purolator, PL10241 for the PureOne.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What is the difference on these two?
  4. Keith

A PureOne is considered the better filtering of the two, but usually costs about double the money. Nothing wrong with either of them though.
  5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Fram is PH3600
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Uh, until you've opened both filters and seen what's inside I wouldn't go so far as to say that there's nothing wrong with a Fram. Fram is the best selling filter only because of slick marketing. As far as quality they are near if not at the bottom. Nitrite anti-drainback valves (they get hard in cold weather), insufficient filter media and cardboard endcaps are a few of the features inside of that good looking Fram filter.
  7. Keith

LOL, Richard :D Easy man. I meant there was nothing wrong with the PureOne or the regular Purolator :eek: I should have been more clear. I think you misinterpreted my statement. I don't use Fram because of the quality either. It's like deja vu. Check this thread :D Remember, I'm on your side :)
  8. I bought 36 of these, got a discount plus they were on sale.....$2.95 each.

I didn't have time to go to dealer, and I wasn't paying $4 a quart for oil, so Advanced Auto Parts I went, had to get wiper blades and other truck stuff too.

So That should last me about 4 weeks till I can get a couple cases of Kohler filters.

BTW Richard don't forget "Fram" has the nice rubber gripper on the filter to help put on and take off.....;)

Thanks for the numbers Keith.....
  9. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever you do, don't put a Fram on anything you own. The Pure One is a excellent filter, and the purple/blue paint looks cool on a mower.:)