Franchise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bville_mower, Jun 12, 2004.

1. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

Has anyone though of, or currently franchising their business to local cities?

I didn't know how realistic it would be to swing through several states in a relatively short time frame.

There are several fertilizing companies that have trucks running threw cities all over Oklahoma. Why not a landscaping business?

Thoughts?

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i do 5 different cities. just advertise in em all (if you want to advertise, sometimes its a waste of money) and you shall be fine... in 2 years im going to incorperate my co. so thatway i wont have to register in each city/county. also, if i were to get sued someday, they wouldnt be able to get my personal belongings, only my businesses. (then i could start it back up with a new name and tell my customers that its me) lol, but i dont plan on getting sued.

3. bville_mower

bville_mower LawnSite Member

So you've never thought of going to a nearby city, buying out a small to middle size LCO and maybe moving one of your experienced crew members down there and having him put a crew together and running it? Almost as an invester?

Or does that just sound ridiculous?

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Bville that sounds like a great idea if you've got the biz skills to pull it off, inthe future that is deffinatelly one of my goals.

5. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

U S Lawns is probably the largests franchise going...I think 35 states or something like that...LA LAWNS