Franchising

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Feb 22, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Over here about 80% of the residential lawn<br>mowing/care work is done by people who bought<br>a mowing franchise. These big companies <br>advertise for people to buy an area to work<br>in plus trailer basic equipment,ect. Advertised turnover for these people is<br>about $700-$800 per week. Bear in mind <br>Australian dollar = 63 U.S. cents.Personally<br>I wouldn't leave the house for those sort of<br>figures. Do you guys have much of that in the<br>States?

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

so are you saying they will make 700-800 Australian dollars a week.If yes then no way i make that in a day in the usa. Too low for all that work in the sun but if you live by the coast and you can go to the ocean everyday then i can think about it but it still is too low to make a good living.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I CAN'T SEE THE POINT IN GIVING A FRANCHISE MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS! WHAT CAN THEY DO FOR ME THAT I CAN'T DO ON MY OWN? THIS BUSINESS IS MORE ABOUT PERSONALITY AND QUALITY OF WORK, NOT NAME RECOGNITION. I SENT OFF FOR A PACKAGE FROM U.S. LAWNS AND READ IT FRONT TO BACK. THE THING IS I WOULD STILL HAVE TO GO OUT AND GET MY OWN CUSTOMERS, THEN GIVE 10% OR WHATEVER TO THEM, I DON'T THINK SO! MAYBE A MCDONALDS OR EXPRESS OIL CHANGE, BUT NOT A LAWN SERVICE.<p>HOMER