Frankenstien Lawns?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by toxic man, Mar 17, 2005.

1. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

I have been running into alot of lawns that I like to call Frankenstein Lawns. I call them that because they are a mess, Kikuyu-grass, Bermuda, crabs and broad leafs, all in one lawn. Yesterday, it took me an hour to spray one of these yards, on a startup account.

Is it possible to make a cocktail of post emergents like drive and triclopyr and msma and speedzone to get all of these at once? Do you guys have any suggestions on these fescue based lawns and how to approach them. First of all, I think I should be up charging them and no wait to recover the money on the straight fert apps? What do you think? How do you guys approach these?

I was thinking of just going after an over seed up front then waiting for 30 days to start on the post emergents? Anyways,

Thanks
    Lou,

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Lou,
    I can't speak for C3, but those types of lawns are a bear, for sure. I actually enjoy them, though ... they make me shine. I don't see a problem making your cocktail - I make them all the time. Just do your jar test and do a test run to be sure of its effects.