1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fraud at the highest degree

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TheHotShotKid, Apr 1, 2006.

1. TheHotShotKid

TheHotShotKid LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

www.creativenightscapes.com

Somebody posted this website and expressed worship for this company like they are the second coming. Click on the gallery link. Every single solitary photograph was taken from http://uniquelighting.com/photos/gallery.htm

As for claims as to how many projects they are installing a month, take it from whence it comes. Lighting distributors and sales reps talk a wild streak. The kid is not going to sit around and read such blasphemy.:dizzy:

2. oilfield

oilfield LawnSite Member

How do you sale lighting when every word that you type makes you come off as such a arse. Now I know why everyone dislikes you on this site.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

just put him on you ignore list and he will eventually go away

4. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

The kid is back!!! long time no read. I don't plan on putting you on my ignore list. I find your input provactive and sometimes right to the point...also always entertaining

I didn't think you could stay away for long

chris

5. TheHotShotKid

from Ohio

Thanks Chris

At least I have 1 fan. Those other replies are from bitter contractors down on their luck who don't like to face the facts or the truth. No wonder they are in the position they are in.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

not even close.
    i am not bitter nor down on my luck. I have a very succesful business and am doing very well.

I just think you are an arrogant kid who has a lot of growing up to do.
    you come here and post thread after thread. you attack members here, you become juvenile when someone disagrees with you, or when nobody responds to your threads.

7. TheHotShotKid

from Ohio

So fraud is ok by you, but my posting messages isn't? Well that tells us a little about your character buster.

8. Travisty

Travisty LawnSite Member

I don't take it as busting. Not a big deal. Truth is that this guy did take all those pic's from that other website. Good to know, I guess. As for the amount of jobs he's doing I definetly took what that guy said with a grain of salt.
    Having said that it doesn't seem impossible if he was pumping $12K into advertising and he had the resources does it? I don't know, you guys have been at this longer than me.

I mean I think with an with an rocksolid smart marketing campaign you could do it. Look at the Dyson guy you posted on. I still stick to my guns in saying I don't want to put up crappy designs and throw lights in the ground randomly, but I still am not doing this because I love to be outdoors at night either.

:drinkup:

9. Travisty

Travisty LawnSite Member

Oh and while I am thinking about it. What is a realistic number of jobs for one crew per month? I haven't a clue. I can only guess from how long it took me to do my first job. I think I remember crossing a site where someone on the east coast had 9 installers though.

Travis Schiffner
    ShadowScapes

10. TheHotShotKid

from Ohio

copywright infringement is a pretty serious infraction. Anyone who would deceptively post photos to their website for commercial gain and represent them as their own is lower than pond scum. Violators such as this should be drummed out of business and have there lively hood taken away. Irks me to the hgighest degree.