freakin exmark

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LawnBoy89, Oct 16, 2007.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

As some of you might know, I've had a couple problems with an eXmark Turf Tracer that I recently purchased. Well, I finally got it running ok and what not, besides a breif period of blue smoke every time I start it up the first time everyday, but that clears out and it runs fine.

Anyways, do you guys know how to level the deck from left to right, not front from back. The only adjustments I see are on the back two bolt type things that hodl the deck I can loosen or tighten those to move the pitch up or down. I can't figure out how to much the front two so that I can move one whole side of the deck up or down.

Let me know what you guys think...thanks.

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the mower new? You can't blame Exmark for engine problems. They didn't make the engine.... Do you have zero flat front tires? How is the tire pressure in the rear tires?

3. LawnBoy89

no I know I'm actually pleased with my eXmarks its just its been a pain to get this one running 100%... Thee tire pressure is even both front and back the back is 24psi i forget the front but I'm not sure what you mean by zero flat but they hold air if that is what you are talking about they aren't solid rubber...I'm not sure what else to do I can't figure out any other way to adjust the deck..

4. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

24 psi! no. its 13 psi. the ride will be alot better at 13. even the tires are only rated at max 20. exmark recommends 13.

5. LawnBoy89

My tires say 24....maybe I should lower it a bit but the deck will still be uneven I don't know what I should do I haven't even been using this mower lately due to this.

6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

You should be measuring the circumference of your tires anyway rather then relying solely on air pressure. My manual states this, doesn't yours? I have to go 13.5 in one and 15.5 in the other to have a level ride. Tires made in different molds or the same mold at different times can be of a different diameter, enough so to cause an uneven cut. Do this first before leveling your deck.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

And if this is not the problem, use washers to shim the deck level.

8. LawnBoy89

Hmm...different tires never crossed my mind I'll check that out and I didn't want to resort to the washer idea just because I'm anal about everything I'd hate having 2 one one side or something...o well it's better then the thing scalping on one side...thanks alot

9. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

You aren't supposed to inflate your tires to the pressure listed on the sidewall. That is usually the highest pressure you can inflate them to, but very rarely the operating pressure.

Anal or not, if the system was designed to be shimmed with washers, that is just how it is. Level is level, shouldn't really matter what it takes to get there.

10. LawnBoy89

You are right...but at the same time something must be bent because at one point it should have been level with the washers that come with it from the factory....but I guess if I level it by adding washers it will most likely cut fine so I'm going to stop being fussy and just do that tomromow thanks guys