Freaking Meg-mos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Oct 30, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

All right i take back eveything bad i ever said about megmos. :blush: Today i decided to swap my stock blades for the megmos which have been sitting all season. I used them last year for leaves and when i used them in the spring they just didnt seem to be working that good. Well today changed my opinion totally. i had one lawn that was very long 4-5", well they pulverized they grass into nothing. It seemed as though they work better with out the grass gobbler though. another great thing is they create so much suction for wet leaves. All i can say is i take back anything bad i ever said :drinkup: :cool2:

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Nice to see all the good Meg posts lately what are you using them on???

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

on my Gravely 13 hp 36". another thing that might have made a difference is i sharpened them today as well. when they came they didnt seem all that sharp :)

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

See!!!! Some Members here think i'm paid to say nice things about sponcers here.

Well if thats true then it sounds like alot of us are paid :drinkup: .

Have fun with the meggys!!!!!!!!!

John

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I got a set of Meg Mo blades about a month ago. There are certain situations that regular blades would be better, but for the most part Meg Mo blades do just as advertised. I'm very happy with them. They destroy leaves and humiliate grass clippings.

When mowing some big properties with Dallisgrass, the Dallisgrass would always win. But the Meg Mo blades seem to be the only blades that will handle it.

I mulched up a leaf job the other day. 1 acre with about 40 trees. After I finished chopping them it looked like times when I had picked them up.

They do take some horsepower. They drop my rpm's in grass down 300-400 rpm but even then they cut twice as good as regular blades at full rpm.

6. John Gamba

from ct

7. John Gamba

from ct

Has anybody had them in wet grass??

John

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

What are you guys using to sharpen them and how easy are the to do???

9. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have them on a super z? For spring time how does single blades/double blades/meg-mos compare? How much are they for a 60" ztr?

10. John Gamba

from ct

4" hand grinder. Easy.
    John