free advertising?????

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawns90, Feb 10, 2006.

1. lawns90

lawns90 LawnSite Member

C.M. Landscaping Inc

Hello I was just thinking, I have seen several lawn companies in the area
    with logo's on there trailers and trucks. Not so odd but many have walker mowers, Bobcat, Scag logos . I find it odd that companies would give free advertising to these products. Most customers don't care too much about the equiptment. I have walkers and walker did not give me any incentive to put logo's on my trucks paying $10,000 a mower. I understand it may be pride of the equiptment used, but free advertising is free advertising.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah I guess it would kind of be like the folks that plaster decals all over their cars. The high performance companies are not paying most of them, but they still paint their car all up like "Fast and the Furious". I guess that is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream.:)

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I think it looks really tacky to have those stickers all over your trailers and trucks.:cool:

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't put any stickers on my street car (except one that says "No Jap Shyt") and I won't put any stickers on my truck/trailer unless it says my company name or number.

Shirts and hats during off hours...well that just shows I'm into equipment too much but I still wear it.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen guys with mower brand stickers on their trucks/trailers before, always throught it was kind of wierd. Believe it or not, there is guy around here who has the name of a local dealer on his trailer. Not sure if they give him a discount because of it or not.