Free Cigars

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Oct 13, 2000.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

Today while mowing, one of my customers came out with a nice box of cigars and handed them to me and said thanks for the great work. The cigars are A. Fuente, Robustos in a cedar wrap. Talk about my lucky day. Some customers are just great!!!!
  2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratualations! Would you have predicted that this would happen, if asked six months ago?
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

And you thought Friday the 13th was an unlucky day!
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

One of our customers gave us an Echo PB210E blower a couple of weeks ago.
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I would have fell over. I quit cigars in '87 and it hasn't been easy.

I frequently take my lovely spouse to one of our finer eateries for dinner. they happen to have a "scotch and cigar" parlor. I always like to sit near the door of that room!

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I smoke one of the same brand tonight. Still taste it. Oh so good.
  7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Wow! What a thoughtful gift. Your customer gave you the
    a gift that will take 10 minutes off your life and create
    a hazard to your health. Years from now when your laying
    in the hospital bed with tubes shoved down your throat and your family standing over you in disbelief you can think back to that fine box of cigars and thank yourself for
    doing such a fine job and sucking the life out of yourself.

OK, im just spitting cuz my grandpa died from lung cancer.

Let me take a deep ( clean ) breath...................................................................... OK, im done now... I will go back to my job at and mind my own business now.

Please don't get offended, its nothing personal. I promise.

Chuck Keough

8. dhicks

dhicks Member

Yes, I was de-LIGHT-ed to get the cigars. As for the customer giving me a comp six months ago, I guess he would have given me the cigars or some other comp. The customer is one that once in a while, will send an extra $20-30 over what you bill him. He is a young prepy type with an SUV and a Volvo 950 something or the other.

Chuck you're right on target but I do like a cigar now and then with strong coffee. I'm a victim of big tobacco, especially Cuban. :D