FREE Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GeorgiaLawns01, Aug 23, 2002.

1. GeorgiaLawns01

GeorgiaLawns01 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Someone, Somewhere out there must have a contract I could look at. I am not looking to buy one, especially when I don't know if the info I am looking for is in there or not. I am looking for a real contract that has services broken down, What is being done at what time of the year etc. I am looking for a lot of details. I am very new to this business, and I have never gone through a winter yet, and I am looking to find out what services are typically offered in a yearly contract, so I will know what to emphasize this late in the season. I am in the Rome Georgia area in case there are any competition concerns. Someone, please help out this Newbie!! Or refer me to a place where I can help myself.

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Which part of Georgia are you in?

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/LH031

not exact ....but is a start ....

your gonna have to create your own contract related to your specific area and what you personaly wish to provide ....I do suggest to keep it simple at first .....n add more services as you gain experience n confidence

try to see what do other local services offer ....make some phone calls ....ask what they provide ...do you know anyone that has a company doing their property? ....maybe they can show you what they recieved

here's mine
    http://fantasylawns.com/statement_of_work.htm

than the legal stuff
    http://fantasylawns.com/agreement.htm

please don't use it word for word ....change it to your area (your not gonna provide 42 visits or you may to charge per cut)

good luck

4. Turtle II

Turtle II LawnSite Member

:cool:

Fantasy,

Thanks for sharing man.

I like your set-up. Your site is really cool too. It looks like you paid to have you web site made.

Thanks again for the info and help,,,

I have much of that stuff in my head, but to see it organized on paper and how others do it really gets the ball rolling.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A KICK BUTT WEEKEND
    Turtle II
    eastern NC:cool:

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

The web site is "winter time" learning n playin ... this winter changes to come (secure members area for customer payment n yearly photo's of every customer spring summer winter photo's)

All the stuff I use .... I did .... not to say I did not look at others stuff .... I did ....the legal stuff is from local samples, legal advice n ideas from lawn site ....but for the most part all the wording is mine

You'll do the same ....you'll get n idea to add this or change the wording on what you have as you give more bids .....also look at it from the customer view ...... as you add services or change services so will your "agreement, proposal or contract" ....tinker with it till its just the way you want it ....mine is not perfect but it represents 5 years of little changes

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Fantasy Lawns and whomever else uses contracts. I don't use contracts since I only do homeowner lawns now. Your contract says either party can cancel with 30 day notice. What happens if they don't give 30 days notice? Has that happened to you? Would you spend the time and money to sue someone for only 30 days of pay you would have made mowing their yard? It just doesn't seem worth the effort to have contracts for homeowners since we are talking small amounts of money for 30 days work. I think if your doing good work they will keep you and if not then they will get someone else right away. Am I wrong on this?

I could see contracts for big commercial accounts which I assume they want you to sign a contract.

7. vinkcal

vinkcal LawnSite Member

looking for a free contract

8. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

I am going to bump this old thread up so maybe we can get this started again.
    I am looking for or idea on what to get the customer to sign saying that they will pay for the work that I am goign to do...

Thanks
    Shawn

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont use 30 day cancellation I set mine at 90 days and If contract is broken they owe the balance for the year