Free Data base!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sheppard, Jul 8, 2001.

1. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I would pass on some helpful info. for everyone on this forum. At www.infospace.com you can access a free data base of porential customers in your area by going to the revers address function on this site. Then go to the address section and type the street you would like to prospect on. If you leave out a specific hous adress it will bull up all the houses/businesses on that street with their phone numbers (go to vitals section for the phone number). You can print it out and take notes when you call them. Very efficient way of contact potential customers. Like all data base it is not alyaws up to date and current but I' put it at 85% in my area.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I just tried it and got non results. No matches were found for any street I typed in.

3. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Worked for me but you have to be very careful about how the street name is typed in. Seems sensitive to having the street name typed perfectly, caps and all.
    Did notice that the information is very old. Homes on my street that sold 3-4 years ago still listed with old occupants.
    Cleve.

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

It did not show my addy.
    A neighbor rents a bedroom to her brother. It listed him and not her .

5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I tried it--I find it weird and scary that for $5 I can do an instant credit check on any company listed. I typed in Landscaping in my home town to see who would come up. I was then given the option to see a credit history that tells years in biz, line of credit, # of employees. The feature to look at businesses around the people you look up is weird. The potential for a "Hand that Rocks the Cradle" scenario is too easy with a search like that.

jeffyr

6. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Practice, practice, practice. It's not a perfect db but it does a good job for free. On a street like Durward Ride you would type Durward Rd - play around with it and see if it's usefull.

Cordially,
    Sheppard