1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Free fax service...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jan 10, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

For those of you considering a fax line or are paying for a fax line check out efax.com. They give you a number (sometimes local) the fax comes in, the program converts it and emails it to me. The cost? FREE!

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately efax is still at the core of the Big Apple and has yet to hit the stem. Thanks for the info and I will keep checking back periodically.

3. KirbysLawn

Kris, you can still use it, it will just be a long distance call for the sender. Since most of the faxes I get are out of town anyway, it doesn't matter.

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I must agree. eFax.com has been great! I have opted for the eFax Plus, which does cost a small quarterly fee and a miniscule per minute charge. But so far, I've loved it. For that fee, I get a local number that people can fax me any time, day or night. I don't have to listen to a phone ring and I can pring out any fax in better quality than a traditional fax can.

I can also fax OUT most anything I want to as well. Sure, you are limited somewhat do computer created documents. But 95% of what I fax are computer created documents anyway. And now they have a feature where you can add a signature, etc. to any document. It's real easy.

I must say I am all thumbs up for eFax. I will never buy a fax machine.
  5. KirbysLawn

This went down to page two fast so I thought I would bring it up one more time.

If any of you do not have a fax, don't buy one! Just download the software and enjoy free fax service.