Free Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by two_planks, Jun 18, 2004.

1. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

On another internet forum that I post on (ski related) there has been, for some time now, an on going free gear thread. Basically what it deals with is old equipment (still in working order) that is basically of no use to the owner but probably isn't worth selling (sometimes it is but filling up at the Karma bank can be a good thing) but could possibly be of use to some one else who really needs it but can't afford to buy it. I don't know if that will fly here but I've got some stuff that I could handle parting with, who ever gets it pays the shipping and a beer if we ever meet. Only stipulation is that you have to actually need it, you can't just be thinking that sure you could use it.

To start I have year and a half old Craftsman 18" chainsaw. I bought it when I was first starting out and used it for a couple of months until I could afford something better. It runs (needs new chain) but its just taking up space in the garage. So if you trully need this saw post on this thread why you should be the one to get it and its yours.
  2. Show-Me Lawn Care

Show-Me Lawn Care LawnSite Member

It's unbelievable that you posted this today! Yesterday a brief but strong storm blew through the area, and many limbs, etc were knocked down. This morning my phone's been ringing off the hook with current customers and referrals from current customers, all wanting large limbs etc removed from their lawns today if not sooner. I went out to hook on to my trailer, and my little Craftsman chainsaw and two 5-gallon gas cans were gone. They were the only things not locked down, and with all the storm damage around here someone came looking sometime in the night. So I've got a loaner from my father-in-law for the next few days, but that's it. So that's my story of why I could sure use your chainsaw for the cost of shipping...
  3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

funny you posted this thread i just bought a craftsman chainsaw for $40.00 barely used
  4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Funny I just got a little craftsman chainsaw, and 2 5-gallon gas cans free, but I cant say how.

5. slikrick

slikrick LawnSite Member
    from FL

why do i need that chain saw???? well you see my mother and father in law sold their home and are now staying w/ us until they find another house..... do i really need to go on????
    no really.... I need that because im just starting out in the business, have limited money to spend and hey, it will match all my other used equiptment!
  6. Show-Me Lawn Care

Show-Me Lawn Care LawnSite Member

that's a pretty long drive, just to rob me of that stuff... LOL
  7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have an MTD w/b edger new condition thats taking up space in my shop. I havent started it in 2 yrs. Will trade for something??
  8. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

showmelawncare and slikrick, you both sound like you could use it. showme it sucks to have equipment stolen so I feel for ya, but rick is just starting out and that can be tough. slkrick if you want it pm me your addy and I'll ship out COD.
  9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

two_planks, I just wanted to compliment you. Thats a pretty decent thing you are doing. The saw may not be worth much, but the fact that you are willing to give it away to help someone else out, says a lot about you.
  10. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

two planks, yeah that is a cool gesture. I wish you some good luck in the near future!