Free Hustler Walk Behind's.....well.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&R, Jun 14, 2006.

1. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Not really free, but dang close to it. Was at the local Hustler dealer today and got a quote on a Hustler WB. I priced both the discontinued Super's and the regular WB (not the trimstar) and I was blown away with the price he gave me. Does anyone want to purchase my 15hp, 36" SCAG Hydro, Floating deck (square) with a measley 85 hours on it?

Does anyone have any feed back on the Super's? Are they as pi$$ed as they look? 25hp on a 54" WB is crazy!

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

See some of myher post on Hustlers super WB in the hustler forum and other places here. They are THE BEST Walkbehind type mower ever made by anybody.
    and will do anything a rider will do and more.

3. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

so how much is the super???din't know the super's were being discontinued...

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm wondering if they will eventually put the XR-7 decks on the Super Walks?
    They should.

I'd like to have a Super Walk either way....
    If only I could stand all day... I really don't think I'd run Z's... but instead a pair of walks.

D@mn diabetes :cry:

Anyways... can't believe you got good prices on them.
    The prices I have been quoted were ZTR prices.... No thanks.

5. PaulJ

NO they are giving up on the supers completely. PUtting everything into the trimstar line. the biggest hustler WB you can get is a 48" trimstar with only 17hp (not even Electric start) and the little tires. Yes it is an XR-7 deck with less blade overlap.

I think this has been a dumb move by HUstler And I have let them know it. Go over and read some in the hUstler forum. PJ and I have debated this awhile. but NOthing I say seems to matter.
    Maybe if enough people chimed in they might make a super trimstar. (but it won't be as good in my opinion)

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I sent you a PM let me know.

7. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to operate the handle-bar system? I have used ECS and Pistol, but never the handle-bar. Also, is the Super too much?

Thanks!

8. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Oh yeah, I was quoted (on paper, in writing) $4555.00 for the 25hp Super!

9. PaulJ

'The hustler h-bar is the absolute easiest control system to operate of any mower. And NO the super is not to much it is just about enough.

The super WB is actually not even in the same class as any other WB it is a whole different category to me. With the right sulky It gives you the versatility, maneuverability, stability, low center of gravity and out front visibility of a WB WITH the speed comfort smooth ride and easy control, power, durability and high end features of a Rider.
    The super WB with sulky will do anything a similar sized rider will do and MORE.

10. PaulJ

Jump on it. That's a $7000 machine and worth every penny.