Free Labor- Ohio

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by East Lawn, Jul 17, 2006.

1. East Lawn

East Lawn LawnSite Member

Now that I have your attention I would like to find an applicator that would be willing to let me tag along for a day or two. I am a licensed applicator in Ohio. I have been doing apps and looking to bring my business to a higher level. The yards I have been treating are looking better just not to the extent I would like. If someone would allow me to work with them for a day and show me some tips essentially they will get my labor for the day. If anyone is interested in helping out someone new to the fert apps I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Chris@CRU

Chris@CRU LawnSite Member

4. East Lawn

East Lawn LawnSite Member

I'm not trying to destroy your efforts, but you're asking for alot with a $$$ figure in the mix. Why would anyone teach you the trade (that is a 1 man operation) in exchange for "labor" treating lawns. I can't remember ever needing a second hand.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am asking alot. I am sure you didnt just automatically start out as the perfect applicator. I know some companies run two man crews as to check and balance each other. Maybe you dont need an extra hand but I thought there might be someone out there that started out from nothing and someone along the way showed them a few tips to increase their knowledge base. If you dont see it as free labor then see it as being a good hearted person and helping out a fellow LCO.

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

[/QUOTE]Maybe I am asking alot. I am sure you didnt just automatically start out as the perfect applicator. I know some companies run two man crews as to check and balance each other. Maybe you dont need an extra hand but I thought there might be someone out there that started out from nothing and someone along the way showed them a few tips to increase their knowledge base. If you dont see it as free labor then see it as being a good hearted person and helping out a fellow LCO.[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate the zeal and after eating my foot for being a prick, I wish I had an extra truck seat for you. If nothing pans out for you by the time we get caught up, I'll PM you.