Free ladder!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Dec 22, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Driving home from my girfriend's last night, and I look over on the side of the highway and there is an aluminum 8ft step ladder. So I was thinking, ah sweet- free ladder! So I crossed some lanes to get all the over on the left so I could just hang a U-turn in the median. Did that, then drove for a bit and hung another one. Came up on the ladder, picked it up, and threw it in the back of my truck. It was a good find. It's a nice Werner ladder too. Probably worth $100 or something. Atleast I don't have to buy another one of these for the spring.
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I dropped one of those....

Just kidding, but I bet a million people say it was theirs though!

Sounds like a good day. Now you just need to find a receipt to make it a deduction too! :cool2:
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

A good friend of mine gave me a Echo 2400 stick edger that he recently found. I like found stuff! On the other hand though, someone lost it. Now I have mixed emotions about it. Thanks for the post.
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Yeah, but now somebody else does...Why not bring it down to the local Police Department and see if somebody has reported it missing or stolen. If nobody claims it within a certain timeframe, it will be rightfully yours.

Probably not what you want to hear, but hey, you posted.
  5. 4734

4734 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Last month I also found a ladder, this one was a 24' fiberglass extension ladder of commercial quality. I checked it for a company name or number, no markings of any kind. I waited a bit in case someone returned then left with it.

So, mark your equipment, if you lose it you just might get luck and get a call to recover it.

I have seen several that were distroyed on the highway.
  6. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Lost my $300 weedeater a few weeks ago, I wish someone was nice enough to report it to the police department, istead of keeping it.
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, i always would turn somthing in way before i would bring it back to the house and keep it.

i mean, i would just put myself in the other persons position who lost it, i would want someone to turn it in if i lost it.

think about it...especially at this time of year.
  8. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Check it in w/ Police Dept or put an add in the local paper.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Pretty good find, the best I have found lately was a bag of peanuts coming out of the grocery store!
  10. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I past by a 10ft fiberglass step ladder last week to. I almost stopped to get it but the next exit was about 1 mile ahead and I already have a few. What is it about Texas and people losing ladders on the road.