free lawn analysis

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Triple R, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I will be doing postcards this spring and I have heard that people are more likely to respond if you include the word "free" and know that other companies offer free lawn analysis. My question is do any of you give prospective clients a lawn analysis? Would you be willing to share them with me? If you don't want to post it would you send me a PM. Or do you have any suggestions as to what to include in the analysis?

thanks in advance
    Triple R

p.s. I got a good deal on some new back pack sprayers, 7 gal. gas powered by Shindaiwa. $275-$400 each depending on quantity purchased. Send me a PM if want the info on where to get them.
  2. Many marketing studies have been done to figure out what words grab attention at a glance. "Free" is in the top five most attractive words.

I have never run into a company that doesn't offer free lawn evaluations.

Your evaluation should be built with your product line in mind. Look for problems you can fix, and tell them about short and long term results. Identify things you can't fix and make sure they have realistic expectations regarding those things.
  3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Here is mine.....It works well for me....I have gotten a lot of response since I have started using this....helps the customer identify with whats going on with their lawn....

4. Hey tjsquickcuts, I noticed that your form has spaces to tell the prospect their lawn sizes. Have you noticed that your prospects "shop around" by using the lawn size you give them to call other companies and get a price from them based on the lawn size you gave the prospect?
  5. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

tjsquickcuts, that's a nice form. Quick and easy to fill out. It's better than the one I saw from Weed Man.

Triple R
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

No need to concern yourself with this. That is public info on any auditor's site, their deed, and many other public records. They probably known what their lot size and lawn sizes are. After all, they paid for it.
  7. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I hope I don't get too much crap for this... but not only do we offer a FREE lawn analysis, but we also give 1 FREE application with any program. I know this site is not big the "lowballers" but I don't feel I am. You have to keep 'Up with the Jone's" My competition give 2 FREE applications., so what else can I do. Keep your price fair, and sell yourself, if it takes lowering the price a buck or so... At least you got the customer (just don't give it away too cheap).

And again, I hope I don't get "flamed" for this advice.
  8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i have thought about the free app, this is how i was going to do it: FREE lawn application with purchase of our 6 step program. pre-pay for our 6 step program and receive your 4th round summer application FREE! (now i would also include a disclaimer of lawns under 15K only, and the wording: must pre-pay by march 12, and customer responsable for any service renderd in event service is cancled or sent to collections, including free lawn application. or something to the similure. this would keep you from getting stuck with a 2 round customer. any thoughts?
  9. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

"Free" applications only work for you if you're able to get your money back by improving your margins (usually by raising prices) on the remaining services, or if you get an enormous amount of new business from it and thereby improve your gross sales (and wear yourself out in the process). However, it sounds like you're already going a little cheaper than you'd like, so how are you going to pull that off? Do you anticipate doubling your number of accounts? If so, can you get it all done by yourself, or are your labor costs going to increase as well? I say forget about the accounts that can't afford to pay you and go find people who can. Of course, I'm not in Indianapolis, so maybe I'm wrong....Anybody here in Teeca's area??
  10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i was just kicking around the idea 'if i were too, this is what i'd do'. i have priced the others in my area, and i do have my apps priced on the high end to start with. i was also thinking about offer this if they give me say like 3 refferals that signed, then i would offer this. alot of companys around her offer a $25 cash offer for each refferal.