1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

free lawn service to military families

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, May 27, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I read a post today in Turf magazine that offered free lawn service to the first 500 customers that have a immediate family member that's out serving there country.. it's till the end of the season or till that family member comes home whatever comes first.. Man, i wish i had the money and man power to be able to do 500 contracts for free.
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe it is the first 500 anywhere in the country, not just one town. Therefore, you could volunteer to pick up one account that is in your area.
  3. eaglelawn

eaglelawn LawnSite Member

I offer a 5% discount to military families. It only ends up being a couple of bucks but they sure do appreciate it.
  4. Turf Pro Lawn Care

Turf Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am mowing a Military Families yard for free. He is a freind also. It actually feels pretty good to do it. His wife told me yesterday he is in a hospital right now, she did not have any details. He is okay but she does not know what happened.

5. steinerguy

steinerguy LawnSite Member

I do two for free. One is a good friend who was activatied in January and may be home by December, the second is our church. When I do these, it does feel good to give to the community.