Free marketing resource

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by NightLightingFX, Oct 24, 2007.

1. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you struggling with marketing ideas a good resource is your local community college. My local community college has a pretty good marketing department. I just got done discussing my situation with the dept head. They put together marketing programs for all kind of businesses and their services are free!
    However, I would like to get your guys opinion on one thing. What do you think of my logo. I created it myself and I hate to part with it. The marketing dept head would like to change it. That may be hard for me because I put a lot of thought and created my logo myself. I feel like it is part of me. I know I need to keep an open mind so what is your guys honest opinion of my logo should I get rid of it?

2. NightLightingFX

I am having trouble posting my logo???

3. NightLightingFX

I hope this works

4. Greg_B

Greg_B LawnSite Member

Maybe the community college has a computer class too :rolleyes:

Typically posting an image requires that the image be hosted somewhere on the web. You add tags that tell the site its an image [img_]www.somewebsite.com/mypicture[/img_]

You would remove the underscore after the img in the brackets and put the url for the picture where the www.somewebsite.com/mypicture is.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Save your logo as a .jpg and then attach it to your post.

Like this.

logoGraphic - Custom Lighting Solutions #1.JPG

6. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I like your logo Ned, but I think it looks a little cartoonish (if that's a word). I'm no expert, however, so my opinion is just that "an opinion." If you have a marketing expert telling you to change it, my advice would be to listen to him.

7. Greg_B

Greg_B LawnSite Member

8. NightLightingFX

I don't know why I couldn't get my logo up I don't have too much of a problem with pics. Anyway thanks for displaying it. I agree I does look cartoonish. It is probably better to have something more classy. I don't know what I am going to do. Thanks for the input.
    ~Ned

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

[​IMG]

I went to the website to see your logo. I can see how you made the F and X from light beams. That was clever.

To be honest (you asked) the overall effect looks a little bit retro cartoonish, like Max Fleischer (Betty Boop, Popeye, etc.)

I'm not saying it looks bad, just wondering who your target market is and how they take to it.

10. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to be very difficult and expensive to print with the 4 color photo behind it. Remember your logo goes on everything. Sometimes simple is best.