Free Money

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Skimastr105, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried getting grants to help cushion the cost of starting up their business, or expanding - or does anyone know of someone who has tried this?

What have your experiences been?

Alec.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

nothings ever free

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

This site is,at lease for us.:)

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

There out there.....

there are a ton of Government aid programs.... I have checked in to them but it's a TON of red tape.....

If you start NOW your Childern may ...........may.............MAY get the money

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We did explore the options of grants and found that a software called "Grantseeker Pro" is the best at tracking down what grants you are eligible or could benefit from. It is a $100 software and I still have it, but rarely use it because 99% of the grants we are eligible for are agricultural grants and require a farm or food supply to be approved for. If you were released from a prison within the last 18 mos. and served over 18 mos. you can get one there, but I hope that's not your case???

Not to mention that the paperwork you must generate to get a grant makes a Business Plan look like a 500 word term paper. Stats, exit clauses, charts, marketing strategies, and outside professional mentors are all prerequisites. Then, a quarterly report and it's like being on welfare (breathing down your neck).