1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Free mowing??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowbizz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone give away mowing for new account sign-ups or referrals from customers for new accounts??
    There's a Craigslist ad in my area for 2 free mowings for signing on with a new account and another free mowing for each referral???

Seems as if the customer gets ambitious he can get a free season's mowing...

Any pros or cons to this type of incentive??

2. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

1 free mow with signed year contract - $5 referral reward towards next billing for each referral from current customers is what I offer.

3. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a flyer that has a coupon on it for 1 free mowing when you have paid for 6 (sign up for the season) new customers only

4. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

Hi
    What type of stipulation do you have on contract, 30 days if they don't wont you anymore??

I'm offering, 25 dollars of months invoice, if referral signs for season.

5. Mowbizz

Do you mean you are asking for pre-payment of 6 mowings as incentive for a free one with a seasonal sign-up?

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i will mow for free for a customer that lines me up with a new year long contract with another customer

7. Mowbizz

Free for the whole season or one free mow? (can't be for the season, because that defeats the whole referral thing)

8. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

I thought that was funny to

9. Pitbullawns

Pitbullawns LawnSite Member

whoops!!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  10. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member