Free or low price software?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jimmykubish, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Jimmykubish

Jimmykubish LawnSite Member

I am currently using a free trial of gopher. I am liking it over my old paper methods. Its not to complex but does what i need it to do. Make a schedule, store customers, and track payments/ invoice people manually (just print out the invoice). I dont need anything fancy but i was hoping for something that would work on my iphone and computer. I would rather not pay a monthly fee. Either have it be free or one time low cost (gopher is only about $100 for the basic). Any suggestions? It doesnt need to be a dedicated landscaping program either. Just something that is simple and it works! alot of the expensive landscaping programs are wayyyyy more than I would ever want or need.
  2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Scheduling is the kicker.

Many banks have invoicing services too for small business.
  3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

My advice is just buy Quickbooks, if/when the IRS audits will be glad you did. Simple to learn, your able to track EVERYTHING, and has debt collection letters (which you will need someday). You can build a route list on Excel.

just my .02
  4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I have and use Quickbooks too but it is not a schedule program nor is it cheap.
  5. Clay Sink

Clay Sink LawnSite Member

I agree with jsf343, quickbooks works great for me. Inv. and Est. look great. do the scheduling on calendar software.
  6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Gopher here , I like you did the free trial and didnt want to spend an arm and a leg. Have been pretty happy with it.
  7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are planning on growing, then you need a lot more than you currently use. look at service autopilot.
  8. Jimmykubish

Jimmykubish LawnSite Member

service autopilot seems pretty nice but pricy at $50 a month. Anything else out there that has been tested/ works good on iphone? Is there any apps for the iphone that sync up with quickbooks?
  9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I had service autopilot but went to quick books.

I was paying like 130 a month. I can't do that anymore
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I use lawnaid, it makes scheduling easy, invoicing, estimates, everything. They have a 15 day free trial, I think it was a onetime $200 charge for the online program.
    Posted via Mobile Device