Free Sample - New PivoTrim PRO Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PivoTrim PRO, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Well I would rather be lucky than good. We had a little over an inch of rain this morning so I had been doing some running around and came home to eat. I pulled up the email and then checked lawnsite [admitted addict] and seen this as soon as it was posted. Mike said I was the first to call.

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

thats a pretty crazy trimmer head. i bet line lasts a lot longer

3. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I would've really liked one, but I was working. Guess I can't complain - I was making money.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Well... You are in the Deep South. :)

5. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

i got my sample toay it looks well built i will try it out tommorow

6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Geez, I called, a woman answered and when I mentioned i was calling about the free sample she hung up!

7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

well, I guess i spoke to soon. The woman called the office back and said the line was disconnected. I don't think I've ever had a land line disconnect before but there's a first time for everything. Either way she informed me the promo was over. She was not rude at all. Just wanted to clear that up. Guess i need to surf the board more regularly.

8. Tom'sLandscapeDesign

Tom'sLandscapeDesign LawnSite Member

Mine came in today. Waiting on a RedMax gearbox to run with it..or maybe Ill put it on my Stihl for the time being..

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I've always preferred a bump and feed, because although you have to spend some time loading the head at first, you can go for a while before refilling. With those speed feed heads you would be constantly stopping to insert an
    8" piece of line.

After seeing your youtube video I am impressed. I would like to hear from people who got samples how it held up under an 8 hour plus workday. How many times did you have to refill it (I know your not going to count, but every few lawns, halfway through the day, mabye its the holy grail and it lasted all day?)

I just bought 3 new heads for my trimmers, because I had three break right in a row within about 5 days(on different trimmers), so I hate to change everything over so soon but if it saves a lot of time, I'm interested.

10. Tom'sLandscapeDesign

Tom'sLandscapeDesign LawnSite Member

I put mine on my FS55R and trimmed around my neighbor's chain link fence and my retaining wall. The 100' of fence and 30' of block would easily kill a pair of 8" lines on my Echo, or require me to bump feed at least a few times with the Stihls, but the with PivoTrim I did it all and didnt lose any lenght on the lines.