1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Free Sample - New PivoTrim PRO Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PivoTrim PRO, Jul 30, 2009.

1. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Might be a good idea, but I spray roundup along cl fences, don't use any line at all, and I know how to wind a spool on my trimmer!
  2. artman1

artman1 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I have been running the PivoTrim for two years now. It makes the trimmer line last a lot longer and does a great job.It does what the video says. You guys will be impressed if you try it.

I will be looking for the new one.
  3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

How many times do you have to add string throughout the day?
  4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I see from your screen name that you are a do it yourselfer, but professionals can't get away with that. We would lose alot of clients if they all of a sudden had dead grass around all of their CL fences!

Oh, how it would be nice though, If I had a chain link fence (I would never install one now that I know what a hassle they are) I would probrably do that to my own.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

my lord......
  6. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally disagree with you on that.
  7. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

It is a good idea but I dont think it is for everyone, me personally it would be no good because I trim along alot of block walls and lose my line to it being ground away not from breakage. Correct me if I am wrong though.
  8. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Or you can charge a boatload of money to trim around it like I do. Every Tuesday I do a 7 acre property that is completely fenced in and we trim around the whole thing every week. Takes 1hr and 15min and I make a mint on that time because that is how the customer wants it.

9. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got one account where the customer also pays extra to trim around the cl fence - it's not that big though!
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's also the normal thing to do here. I have one customer that requested it and with me being from MD where no one ever did that I refused and told them I'd rather trim it. I came back the next week and the grass was already brown around the whole perimeter of the fence. Hey, I don't care and it made the job much easier to do.