1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Free Sample - New PivoTrim PRO Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PivoTrim PRO, Jul 30, 2009.

1. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a professional...
    When I do it with roundup it looks good, and I do charge for it. You spray roundup plus surflan or something similar, and weeds just disappear. Do it once a month, and there is no brown dead grass, just bare dirt strip about 3-4" wide under the fence. Its all in the technique. I have never had a cancellation from roundup application.
  2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Guys, I didn't mean to take the thread in a different direction. Obviously things work differently in different parts of the country, so lets leave it at that.

I'm still really interested in hearing about intervals between adding string to the pivohead.
  3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I was thinking, but in the chain link fence it usually grounds away there also, but that video seemed to show that it didn't do that. I'm guessing if it folds away it would at least gring off much slower?

Its funny, I can go almost all day on one fill of string, but my helper refills about every 3 lawns. I'm wondering if this would help.
  4. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

That's how it started with me, I actually had a customer request it.
  5. tibbetts77

tibbetts77 LawnSite Member

i love that video, he is really giving it to that fence!
  6. GracesLandscaping

GracesLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like it would be awesome for like brushcutting or something like that! and did great on that fence... but i like my bump feed head! although if i ever get another brushcutting job as i had the other day i might look into this!
  7. PivoTrim PRO

PivoTrim PRO Inactive

Dear Lawnsite Members,:waving:

We want to thank you again for the overwhelming response to our free sample offer for the New PivoTrim PRO. We mailed out the 20+ samples about three weeks ago and have received some very positive feedback on our written surveys.

Some comments were:

"Works as promised, great product"

"Great Performance!!! The line lasted a long long time. I admit I still hate when I have to change the line, but the performance is worth it."

"Line doesn't break. Won't be my everyday head but definitely has its own place."

"Used the PivoTrim PRO on field fencing, barbed wire & chain link. I cut weeds the diameter of my thumb, cleared thick brushy fenceline for just over four hours. I am most impressed with this head, particularly watching it cut down weeds 7 feet tall! Try that with any other head than a brush blade!"

Keep an eye out because we plan to do another free trimmer head giveaway soon!

If any of our first sample participants are out there we would really appreciate some feedback here on the website so everyone can hear about your experience.

Best Regards and God Bless,

Mike Watts
    President, Better Heads LLC
  8. Redcloud35

Redcloud35 LawnSite Member

That's me in the red, I really would like to thank you folks for the trimmer head, I have used it a lot now and while I do still hate changing the line, I find that I don't have to do it very often.:)
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I look forward to the opportunity to try one out.
  10. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

okay i got a couple good weeks in with this head! i will list both pros and cons on it
    long string life
    8 lines works well with a good size motor (26.2 cc) echo
    will cut through grass like a champ if its a weekly account
    edges well
    does good against fence lines as stated
    you can run the head very close to the ground around shrubs with tearing turf or scalping

now for the CONS:
    poor adapter design it did not fit my trimmer very well
    grass tangles around the top plastic cap fairly easy
    trimming against smooth concrete on foundations leans the grass over to much
    smaller motors cant handle all eight lines
    rotators on the head need to be a little tighter (already showing some where after about 15 hours of trimming)
    will not go through thick over grown grass in one pass

Okay so with pros and cons listed i will give my honest opinion.
    the design of the head is great. Would be a great trimmer head for small solo companies. changing line is really quick. this head could really help increase profit for some LCO's
    would be a great head for home owners. it did what i expected and maybe a bit more.
    Would i buy this head Yes if it was priced right i would. for those intrested in this go out and buy it you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again to the pivotrim staff for the sample.