1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Free Sample - New PivoTrim PRO Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PivoTrim PRO, Jul 30, 2009.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

OK. I was one of the lucky ones that got a FREE sample. PivoTrim asked for an honest review and that is what I intend to leave.

Works excellent against concrete, fencing, etc.

String lasts a long time.

Easy to install.

Simple line loading.

Takes a long time to load.

Bogs my trimmer down in heavy grass.(It is a lighter commercial trimmer, but it would cut it with normal head)

Must have precut line.

Definitely has it's place with solo and homeowners. For a larger operation it might work as a specialty trimmer, but not as an everyday trimmer.

Thanks for the free head. You guys seem like honest people.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. Tom'sLandscapeDesign

Tom'sLandscapeDesign LawnSite Member

Ive been playing with mine more and here's what Ive found, consistant across my FS55R, FS90R, and my 23cc RedMax

8 lines of .105 wont cut grass for crap unless the trimmer is going full blast.
    Edging with 8 lines of .105 is awesome. With so much line, you can clearly see where youre cutting.
    I sheared some line off at the attachment today trimming more chain link. Only 1 side of the U broke in each instance.
    I loaded it up with 4 fresh .095 lines onto my FS55R and got to work today at one of my commercials. He has a banking 50' long, 10' wide or so that gets overgrown. Thrown into the mix are little branches growing out of a tree stump..some of these branches were 1/2" thick! I mowed through it all without thinking twice. My line showed no wear at all.

I have some .080 line I want to try next. Im thinking 8 .080 lines would cut grass real well.

Daily duty for my PivoTrimPRO is on my RedMax with an EdgIt
  3. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a good setup with the edgit.
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

any more from you guys?

i never liked the idea of having to rethread string so often on any head like this. i think that feature is for homeowners........if you know how to trim you dont use up string too bad in the first place right!

but............CL fences are the downfall of all string, so this head i think would be excellent for tons of that kind of work