Free samples-something to try

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

2. That's what I'm using now. Hey they are free and less pressure loss. Do you think the stats are accurate?

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I suspect they are, and for what its worth, I have had very few problems with compression fittings.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Blue twisters are our brand of choice, I like the "double helix".:)

5. Being a pressure loss hating kinda guy you should try some as well Mike. They are free and the stats are far superior to barb fittings. Only thing missing is feedback and opinions. By the way Mike do you wear a hearing aid? I've worn them my whole life but I'm seeing more and more on the early rock and roll generation.

6. turfnh2oman

turfnh2oman LawnSite Member

Not a fan of compression fittings either. I've seen them leak on lower pressure drip systems after a time. Don't know why. They just don't hold solid. My additional worry is that on laterals that have some low head runoff. The water / air hammer involved when being chargd would definitely shorten the life of these.

7. That's why we need to get some free ones and try them out. Being able to push on instead of twisting in a ditch doing a repair is inviting.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not concerned, my site has 100+psi..Hank has the problem site!
    If those specs are right, that's something. Psi loss in normal swing joints
    (2 barbed ells & 1' swing pipe) @ 5gpm is 3.7. No hearing aid (yet) better off
    (wife's talking a gentle murmur), only the ringing, which oddly enough, after
    we've been on the road for a while, gets less & less. Stress caused? I'm
    even more worried about the pups: they've got something plugged into their
    ears 24/7. A audioligist told me the hearing problem does not come as much
    from loudness, but from distortion, so Hendrix would be deaf by now!.
    Aside: Got bumped from posting yesterday, not sure if it was my expletives
    deleted or change in E-mail adress, Mike got me back, Thanks!

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've had the tinnitus for at least 15 years now. Hasn't been bad lately. As long as there is background noise it isn't bad. It also gets worse in the fall after doing a lot of sprinkler blowouts with the compressor, even with hearing protection. Bothers me more if I am trying to fall asleep and there is no noise. So I usually fall asleep in front of the TV, then go to bed when girlfriend wakes me up. Or else go to bed when completely exhausted.