Free things from customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the best, worst, oddest, most valuable things you have gotten for free from a customer?
  2. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

washing machine dryer both under a year old. Car parts for one of our cars
    Numerous tools etc etc
  3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

A customer of mine gave me a Husqvarna back pack blower.Once in a lifetime probably!
  4. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

I got 2 brand new chainsaws, one brand new 21" lawn mower from one customer. Another customer had a 2 year old craftsman riding lawn mower, told me he didn't need it any longer, Got all these items for free.

Kory Landscaping
  5. BobwithECLC

BobwithECLC LawnSite Member

We got a large water fountain from a customer. Valued @ about $2,000 from a customer after a big storm, only had two chips out of it and there insurance was replacing it. By the way they paid us $250 to haul it away.
  6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

21' toro bagger, Craftsman radial arm saw, rear tine tiller...............

The toro was deifnately job security..........
  7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Spotting Scope.
    It previously belonged to the gals ex-husband and she was throwing it out.
  8. Bestsmurf

Bestsmurf LawnSite Member

I got a Toyota Cresida mag wheel with a new bridgestone tire.
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Haven't had anything of value given to me really, except occasional tip or this winter we cleared a little old lady's driveway of 2' of snow and she gave us a $5 tip and a box of homemade pecan fudge (oh so good!, and another guy brought us out homemade hot cocoa as we were clearing his drive (really good too!). Another lady gave me a brand new cooler (guess she bought it and didn't like it?). Seems like i've been given a few other things now that i think about it but can't remember exactly what it was.

Although, one customer traded me his 1996 Simplicity lawn tractor in trade for work, and another one traded me his 1980 Cub Cadet tractor for work. Job security!!!! woohoo LOL. Traded both of them off. I like doing deals like that.
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Ex boss got a free hot tub for his deck I have gotten a lot of bottles of wine.