Free tool

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ptjackson, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

I posted this a while back but wanted to post again for those that might have missed it. We have a free tool that helps you measure out lawns. http://servicevines.com/jobs/measureit

I know that lots of guys want to do an onsite visit but this can at least give you an idea or if you don't want to drive out give a ball park estimate. The feedback has been good one guy said he'd like the dots to be a little smaller if we consistently get that feedback we'll try and do that.

2. master gardener

master gardener LawnSite Member
    from Mich

Can't get it to work

3. ptjackson

Love to help you. what's not working?

4. ptjackson

well I guess like all good software we have an issue with the geocoding (looking up an address) it's worked for thousands of people and tonight has quit working for me too. Getting our devs on it. Sorry

5. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

i tried my house, i placed the pins and it is quite accurate to my surprise, the only problem is that the view of my property is from an angle above + behind my property so the tree line blocks out about 1/2 of the actual turf areas--- since i know my property i placed the pins in the trees on the map (where i know it goes too) so maybe ill try a current customer in an open location

6. ptjackson

thanks jbturf like a said I think it's good for "ball parking" things. If you have problems with the address lookup we are looking into it. Just like equipment fails sometimes software does too.

7. jbturf

ok tried a customers in the open, worked great very accurate,, finally figured out u gota place the pins in line- cant just randomly place them --haha, neat tool

8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

9. jbturf

hey Mike, its been a pretty warm fall till the past week n half, tough to get used to the cold again,
    and now some late starts on frosty am's-- oh well - if weather holds out ill be done about dec 1 , going full tilt right now since leafs r done about a skid a day-- how bout you?

10. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

We have worked almost every Sat this year, late starts and we get out early afternoon, we better be done by wed. we will work into mid dec doing maintenance on equip, trucks, trailers and clean the shop etc, all the pumps and my motor home got winterized last week when they forecasted 28 deg lows. Now we get to spend the winter collecting money
    Posted via Mobile Device