1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Free Work for Organizations???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by impactlandscaping, Oct 20, 2004.

1. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

How many of you have ever donated services or products to groups or organizations in your community? We try and get involved with the local Chamber Of Commerce and Rotary each spring. Our biggest pro-bono job to date is next week..We will be hydroseeding 1.5 acres for a new community dog park here in town . This park has been planned for 1.5 years, and all the grading and site work was just completed Monday. People are anxious to use the park, and I am very eager to get some quality turf growing in there before the grand opening in March 2005. I find community involvement to be a very good source of helping the groups with short term needs, and the word of mouth advertising is great as well. It's a win-win for everyone. So, what do you do locally????
  2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I redid a recreation yard for the middle school I attended back in 2002. I got together with a grading contractor, they did the dirt moving, I did the reseeding and strawing. I planted 5 crepe myrtle bushes there as well as mulch them, and installed a flower box. I also maintained it for 2 years.