Freebie!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerrys Lawn Service, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Late this afternoon we pulled up to one of our clients homes
    and the yard was already mowed and not very wll I might add.
    So I left a note saying that I was there to cut the lawn but somebody already beat me to it, and asked her to call me. Later on I got my phone call and she said she was just as surprised as I was and didn't know who cut it. The lawn was
    cut by a lawn service I could tell by the wheel marks. She said that she would send me a check for that cut because it wasn't my fault and I did show up just like we had contracted. I told her that anyone sends her a bill just refer them to me. Just something different to share with everyone.

Good Luck!
    jerryslawnservice@home.com

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

That's different. Glad you got paid.

3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmmm, odd heheh never heard of that one =).

4. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I know one guy that cuts daycares and he had to cut them on the weekend while the kids was not there. He had one daycare that some scrub would always cut and he was under contract also, but the scrub was just making his 25 dollars cash more than likely. So he would always put that daycare off to do last and 9 times out of 10 it was already done. This was easy money. The daycare owner just felt sorry for the scrub.

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

A friend of mine is a painter. They set out to paint a garage door that was attached to the bottom half of a house. They painted the door alright, but on the wrong house. What was even more funny was the guy conveniently waited till they finished to come out and ask them why they were painting his door.

It was freebie, non the less.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oops! Wrong address! Atleast it was only a cut and not a cleanup or something.

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I cut the wrong house for a real estate company once, it happens! I did get paid a little for it so it wasn't a total loss.

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I've had this happen several times on snow removal. We have 61 driveways all in one area and when it's snowing hard, it's hard to see addresses on mailboxes. There are some guys that hire someone to run their trucks and are not familiar with the area and end up doing one of ours by mistake. It's nice of them to help us out. :)

9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i always wondered about this funny stuff

10. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had somoene cut one of our custmers yard before. In fact we got chewed out because they cut it on the wrong day. "I would appreciate you all telling me when you change my day for cutting. I feel that is was unprofessional that you did not tell me." We laughed after we told her it was not us and we did not appreciate the way she spoke to us (The conversation was longer than what I posted). ( This happened twice with this same customer) We dropped her after she was so rude to us.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 04-14-2001 at 05:42 PM]