1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

freebies for charity..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Jan 24, 2002.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I got a letter from a local charity thats having a chinese auction. what would you guys recommend giving away? There will be a lot of people there and they are looking for some type of gift/donation that they could raffle off. give me some input.. thanks

2. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know what a chinese one is but if your doing it to help others give something really nice that will bring alot. if you are doing it to better your self give somthing with your company name on it.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I donate quite a bit to silent auctions. Normally I donate a couple free mowings or gutter cleanings. Be sure to state restrictions on the item being donated. I got :blob2: :blob2: one year by this lady. I didn't put restrictions on a free mowing and she let the grass go 8 weeks without being cut and then called me. She swore her husband mowed it the previous week. Took 3 hours to mow when it normally would've taken 40 minutes. Was tempted just to pay her the $25 she paid for the free mowing. Don't expect to get new clients from these free services donated.

4. champion

champion LawnSite Member

If you want to do something for charity do something for your american red cross. Just make sure you mow it once a week. if things go good for you with this ask them first to see if you can put a small sing in there lawn saying your co. donates the time and equip. Good Luck