1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Freedom of Speech

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by easygrass, Jun 20, 2008.

1. easygrass

easygrass LawnSite Member

Forum Rules
    Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
    Although the administrators and moderators of LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum Powered by Moose River Media will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum Powered by Moose River Media, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
    By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    The owners of LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum Powered by Moose River Media reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

“Quote” by Dchall_San_Antonio
    Member & Moderator

I'm not here to dictate organic policy to your industry. I'm here to help y'all learn what organics is all about and see if we can find a profitable way to implement it for those clients who want it. If you have no clients asking for it, and you do not intend to implement any organic methods or materials, I think you'll find this forum boring.

I just do not understand why the discussion that was taking place on 6-19-08 on this thread on soil conditioners was removed. It was a good and thought provoking discussion on Humus and Mycorrhizae surely everyone could have learned something from that discussion. It just makes me sick that it was removed from public view , where is the Freedom of Speech ? As far as I can tell he was not in violation of any forum rules. Or am I missing something here, other people on here have talked about products that are out there for everyone to use, Steward of the Land was just trying to be helpful . So I ask again why was it removed? Can you answer it on this forum?

Thank you
  2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

It is also listed in Rule #1 that

Advertising of any kind is not permitted at this site unless you are a sponsor.

That is why those posts were removed
  3. Stewards of the Land

Stewards of the Land LawnSite Member

How is a discussion about Humus and Mycorrhizae advertising for a product line??

Did you even bother to read what the discussion was about???

Obviously NOT!

There was only ONE reference to Soil Secrets where as the rest of the discussion was on the topic of Humus and Mycorrhizae!!!!!!!!!
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't read the thread but it's his ball and he's going home. We've grown to amazing numbers on this site and have been through some real interesting events over the years. I've had some posts removed and gotten a couple of private messages reminded me of the rules. And I keep coming back so I must like it. If you don't like the rules then make your own site,, oops that been done before too. Make a new thread.
  5. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

so far we like the way there better judgment has worked, we love this site, and the respect that the moderators give.
  6. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have had a few threads/posts pulled for reasons I am not sure of. I don't remember what they were about or what they said just remember thinking that it wasn't bad and didn't understand why it was pulled. I did make a thread and titled it a little off so I then made a second thread with a better title because I knew they would pull it.

With that said, I am obviously still here also.
  7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

If the discussion of humus and AM fungi was so informative, perhaps it should be restarted , minus the advertising. :)
  8. DeepGreenLawn

now there's aqn idea
  9. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

you should be out composting???? or is this fire day??? im doin compost 12 tons so far!!!
  10. DeepGreenLawn

how long does it take to you to get compost from start to finish?