Freight a Chopper??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nlminc, Apr 28, 2003.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Anyone here have any idea how I can freight (who to call) a 72" diesel DC from Cape Cod MA to GA? I've been trying to sell it and me being here and the DC there, has just been a pain. I could have sold it 10x's over down here in GA by now!

Thanks
    Chris

2. Ebay, has a few carriers that advertise on there.

Yellow freight

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

try a company called foward air i have used them several times an they are great !! big items are no problem hope it helps!!

4. nlminc

from GA

Thanks for the advice! I was back on Cape Cod last week...tried to find someone to ship the DC for me and every co. there was looking at me like I had 4 heads.

Do you have a number or site for Forward air?

Chris

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

CCX,CSE(Con-Way Transportation) can have it for you in 2 to 3 days.

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Why/How is the DC in MA and you are in GA? :confused: You buying it new or do you already own it?

7. nlminc

from GA

I moved to GA from Cape Cod MA in January. Sold my home and my business along with most of my belongings and moved here. Took my 2 dogs and left my ex-wife behind! Bought a new house, started a new business. I just needed a change of scenery. It's been nice here in GA, mild winter weather is something I have longed for! I Just picked up my first high-end account today matter, so I'm on my way! Anyway, the DC was one of 2 that I had for a commercial account back on Cape Cod. I did not have the room to take it with me when I moved, so I left it with a buddy. I've got it advertised in the Truck trader in New England. I sold the second one to a GA resident that wanted it to cut his 3 acres! lol
    If I can ship it down here I may just keep it or at least I know of some people who would be interested in buying it.

Chris

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Try FreightQuote.com

I'd call their 800 number and go through one of their operators. You will get a lower price that way.

They will save you a bunch of dough on the freight charges.

9. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Go with Fed-Ex freight. (formally American Freightways) Most points are 1 to 2 days depending on mileage. E-Mail me and I will give you some info.