1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

french drain pipe

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by woodlawnservice, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've just never seen perforated solid pipe..
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Lol you know what I meant.. solid is solid, perforated is perforated. I meant hard perforated pipe.... such as sewer pipe.. sdr35 and such
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I use this behind walls and around a house with gravel covering it
    You get this in sd35

untitled.png

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

We only use that ^^^ in leech fields (ie let water out). Perforated has slits in it..
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Green_Will

Green_Will LawnSite Member

I installed several French Drains last year using the perf. pipe in the pic. I chose the SD Perf over corrugated for a couple reasons.... 1. The PVC downspout adapter looks better than black plastic. 2. Much more difficult to crush or tear. I have dug up a bunch of corrugated pipe on hardscape installs. The pipe is either crushed or you cut it with your shovel 98% of the time.

You only really need glue on the couplers and even then is optional. The pieces fit tight, and running with the "bells" down you are good to go for straight shots.

6. Green_Will

Green_Will LawnSite Member

One other thing I considered was that dead leaves and debris will sometimes sneak through the gutter guards and drain cages and into your drain system... Clean out of corrugated is no bien.