Fresh Water Tank Setup Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cvlm, Sep 25, 2006.

1. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

This is my first year spraying full time and i am using all back packs for now until i get more business i need a way to fill the back packs up as we mix in the field maybe a fresh water tank with a pump. i was thinking maybe a 25 gal tank with a attwood 750 pump but not sure of a source for the tank would like something that i can mount to in the bed of my truck that does not take up too much space anyway any advice from you vets out there or maybe picture of your setup would be greatly appreciated. thanks:usflag:

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

There are lots of 25 gallon tanks available. Mount a 12V pump on one. You can get 12 volt pump capable of 5 gpm for less than $150.

Nothing beats the simplicity of a 2.5 or 5 gallon jug for filling a backpack IMO.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

northern tool has what you wont.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I actually sold my lesco 200 gallon sprayer and decided to go back to using back packs. Quicker and easier if you ask me. We use a 125 gallon water holding tank bought from tractor supply. Just connected a garden hose and use gravity to fill up the back pack sprayers. Takes maybe 2 minutes tops to fill up a 4 gallon sprayer. Dont see any need for a pump.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

In my F 150 , I have a 50 gal with a pump from Fimco , 12 volt with a switch .
    I will post a pic , maybe
    [​IMG]

Well , you can barely see the 50 gal tank behind the BP sprayers

6. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the help hey Arizweedhead how about a pic of that 50 gal tank with the fimco sounds like a great set up a pic sure would help me out also when you bought the fimco was it set up as a spot spray and you just took off the wand to fill thanks for the help.:usflag:

7. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

I like that top you have on the truck. Where did you get that from?

8. ArizPestWeed

9. ArizPestWeed

Yes , I will poast a pic as soon as my other truck comes around , it's cleaner inside , looks better.

It's just a 50 gal tank with a hose connected to a pump with a switch mounted on the inside back of bed .
    That's all , that eassy.

Remind me in a few days for the pic

10. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Thanks Arizweedhead its veterans like you that make this site a joy to read every day thanks again for the help.:usflag: